Thursday, January 29, 2015

Valentine Themed Kitchen Linens


I belong to a very fun sewing group on Facebook called the SEWcialites.  Each month there is a themed swap in which you are assigned a secret partner and you make a little something for your partner following the theme.  In December the theme was PIN CUSHIONS. 

This month the theme is St. Valentine's Day.  We can make anything we'd like as long as it has a Valentine's Day theme to it.  I chose to make my secret partner a pair of pot holders and coordinating tea towel.  Of course Valentine's Day wouldn't be complete without chocolate too so I'm enclosing a little bag of chocolate treats too.

I had just one fat quarter of the Michael Miller Lovebirds print in my stash and a wee bit of the polka dot print.  I thought they looked cute together so I added some lace and buttons and ribbon and created this Valentine kitchen linen set.  I hope she'll like it.

Until next time,
 
Cheers!
 
Jennifer

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.